Saturday, November 10, 2007

Is she bald under there?

This has little to do with religion as I believe the girl is just using it as a convenient excuse. The comments are great, and therefore with hope that not all is lost in London.

Hairdresser sued in row about headscarf

She already failed 24 interviews and, "I decided to sue this hairdresser because she upset me the most. I felt so down and got so depressed, I thought if I am not going to defend myself, who is?" Why would she want to be a hairdresser if she wouldn't even show her own hair?

It reminded me of a conversation I had with my house-mate yesterday when we caught a bit of America's Next Top Model. There was this Christian girl, apparently a very pious one, that said in those small interview things that she wanted to save her body for her future husband. Immediately we wondered then why the heck was she aspiring to be a model, via a reality show no less. Did she never watch ANTM and what would go on there? Did she not know that being a serious model would clash against many of her convictions?

But at least she went ahead with it and didn't sue anyone if she had been turned down because she refused to disrobe.

No comments: