Saturday, December 8, 2007

Firsthand account of the Von Maur shooting

Exactly as the title says.

The authenticity is, of course, unproven yet, but who am I to second guess personal accounts at this moment. I am one of those supportive of the Second Amendment and would be right in line training to get a license if only I could afford it (or feel up to tackling California's strict gun laws).

Even if I won't be allow to carry it anywhere that mattered, having one in the house sounds good considering the attempted break-ins we had and the reports of theft in our neighborhood. We don't have a man in the house (sadly, the manliest one is probably me), except temporarily when my uncle is around, so there are security concerns.

I would definitely want to even the odds in the event that a home invader comes armed.

No comments: